Careers at University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust
Apr 16th, 2019
Our Radiology department at University Hospitals Bristol is comprised of seven main areas. See what working at the Dental Hospital or South Bristol Community Hospital might look like below:
Bristol Dental Hospital
The University of Bristol Dental Hospital is a Centre of Excellence providing routine and specialist clinical dental services for the South West.
Bristol Dental Hospital also provides a walk-in Emergency Dental Service.
We are a small friendly team made up of 2 Radiologists, 1 Superintendent,
2 Band 7 Teaching Radiographers, 2 Band 6 Radiographers, 1 Radiographic Assistant and 2 Radiology Receptionists. We specialise in dental imaging and provide a full range of adult and paediatric maxillofacial and dental radiography services for Dentists. We provide education in dental radiography for up to 80 dental undergraduates per year, as well as dental hygiene and radiography undergraduates.
What you’ll find in our department:
• 4 Sirona intra-oral units
• 1 Planmeca digital Dental Panoramic Tomogram (DPT) with a lateral
• 1 Planmeca ProMax® 3D Classic CBCT (Cone Beam Computed Tomography) unit with a cephalometric attachment
– CBCT System for 3D fields of view up to 110 x 80 mm
– 3D model scanning, panoramic & cephalometric imaging, as well
as extra-oral bitewings
• 1 Planmeca ProMax® 3D MID is a genuine all-in-one CBCT unit offering
digital panoramic, digital cephalometric and 3D digital imaging
– All-in-one CBCT for large fields of view
– 1 unit offering digital panoramic, digital cephalometric and 3D digital
• 1 image intensifier for the South West cleft team speech investigation clinic (SPIN)
• Consultant led ultrasound service
• Provide support for sialography service at the BRI
• Isocentric skull unit.
South Bristol Community Hospital
South Bristol Community Hospital is a small, friendly hospital that is dedicated to meeting the needs of the local community of South Bristol.
The hospital comprises of Radiology, a very busy Urgent Care Centre (UCC), that deals with minor injury and illness, Outpatients, Day Surgery, Dental and two, thirty bed non-acute wards. Radiology has two wireless digital plain film rooms. The bulk of the workload is from GP referrals, which run on an open access basis. The rooms deal with an average of 70-80 patients/weekday. There is plain film support for the wards & UCC and Outpatients. We provide a 7 day a week, 8am to 8pm service, for patients from 2 years and over for the UCC. There is an Arcadis Varic Mobile Image Intensifier for use in Day Surgery. The department also consists of two Ultrasound and one Echocardiography scanning rooms.
Take a look at some of our other posts to find out more about the rest of the departments areas including CT, Dental and more!